Buy Open Edition, Fine Art Print by Alberto Mateo.
- TITLE: Man burning Coal to make Coke Sons of Coal Series, Jharia, India.
- EDITION TYPE: Open Edition Fine Art Print.
- SIZE OPTIONS: Regular Sizes up to 50x73 inches (120x180 cm).
- SURFACES AVAILABLE: Cotton - Canson® Infinity Velin Museum Rag [310g/m²], Canvas - [Canson® Infinity Museum Procanvas 385 g/m²] and High End Photographic Prints. Another options like Hahnemühle Fine Art Baryta [325g] are possible. If you prefer another printing surfaces please whatsapp me to +34 661 530 598 and I will check the possibilities...
- IS THE PRINT PART OF A TRYPTICH? No.
About the Series: "Sons of Coal"
This Series as a whole creates a picture of the place and society of India at the beginning of the 21st Century, emphasizing the human quality of workers and the environment where they live. Coal extraction and transportation, and coke production are carried out by hand, with null automation.
“Sons of Coal” includes close-up portraits of children and workers, and views of labor and fire areas, giving special emphasis to the hardness of the job performed completely by hand. These people builds their houses on coal, drink water extracted from wells dug in this mineral, and spends most of their life manipulating, transporting and transforming it. Coal is the base of their sustenance, the source of their income and the future of their sons and daughters.
All photographs are available as Fine Art Limited Edition and Unlimited Edition Prints in Photographic Paper, Cotton-based paper and Canvas prints.
You can see the complete Series here.